That's a good question. I really don't know why AG would do that, except for money. [img]frown.gif[/img]
bump!
That's a good question. I really don't know why AG would do that, except for money. [img]frown.gif[/img]
It will probably be featured in the movie. If you look in the background of the picture with Molly dancing in the Miss Victory outfit (not the one of the cover of the movie, but the last picture in the photo gallery on the movie webpage), you can see Emily in the tap outfit in the back of the stage holding something.
I don't understand why they would make the movie about the Miss Victory story if they specifically wrote in "Brave Emily" that Emily does NOT like to get up on stage and strenuously objects to trying tap dancing. Also, Emily wasn't in "Changes for Molly," and I think it would not feel right to just insert her.
I don't agree with them inserting Emily in that storyline either, but I think they changed a lot of it in the movie. In "Changes for Molly", Molly never even GOT to do her Miss Victory dance because she was sick and now it seems like she does in the movie.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a good point, I recognize that too. But I am reserving judgement until I see the movie. They changed stuff in the Samantha and Felicity movie that didn't happen in the book.Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:
In "Changes for Molly", Molly never even GOT to do her Miss Victory dance because she was sick and now it seems like she does in the movie.
They change things in the movies to make it flow better. Somethings in the book don't exactly come together without changes.
My favorite change was when Samantha put Eddie Ryland's coin jar in the church offering. That didn't happen in the books, but it was a great moment on screen.
Emily had such a small part in the Molly storyline that they will really have to change some things in order to make it worth having a doll. Linda and Susan were really Molly's best friends, but there were two of them. If it were just about money they could have made two dolls and sold even more.
Only time will tell.
Looking at the "Light,Camera, Molly" book at Barnes and Noble, I got the idea that the movie ends VERY different than Changes does: Molly dances her Miss Victory piece, Emily is in the dance part also, and at the end of the show Dad shows up and surprises Molly (or something like that)
Let's wait and see if the whole thing ties nicely...
[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] Ana [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why couldn't they just do a movie about Happy Birthday Molly then, rather than Changes for Molly?Originally posted by craftycarol51:
They change things in the movies to make it flow better. Somethings in the book don't exactly come together without changes.
...
Emily had such a small part in the Molly storyline that they will really have to change some things in order to make it worth having a doll.
I'm sure you guys have probably discussed this a lot already, so if you don't want to take the time to write out more replies and would like to give me the links to some threads about it, that would be fine too. But now that I have read "Brave Emily," I am wondering why the heck Emily has a tap costume for the Miss Victory dance. Not only does the Miss Victory dance have NOTHING to do with the book "Brave Emily," but in the book, Emily says she could NEVER tap dance and refuses Molly and her friends strenuously when they invite her to tap lessons with them. She can barely stand to be on stage during the final scene of the book as it is. Why would AG make her a tap costume if it's so against her character? Just a money grab because the costume is so cute? I don't get it. It makes me sadder and sadder as the years go by and the accessories have less and less and less to do with the books.
Bookmarks